I was hoping to be able to write a blog at least every month...well...I guess I missed last month! I actually thought I HAD written, but I guess not. For those who missed out on pictures from November, I am much better at updating pictures on Facebook....you can find me at www.facebook/mommymira (I think!)
Well, it is December! We are officially finished exams and we get a week of self-study before we go to Ottawa to spend time with Rog's family. Reflecting on this past year, as we finish a year...it's been a bit crazy! By January 2010, we knew that we were headed to Niger in 2011, but we were more focussed on moving to Quebec for July 2010. Now that we are headed into January 2011, we can now focus on being in Niger in July/August 2011 but it is a bit surreal still. Especially as we look outside at the snow and cold here in Quebec.
We had a chance (before the craziness of exams) to have friends over for dinner. It was a great time of community building. Jiye and her husband, Claude-Guy actually studied at the University of Waterloo! (And we figured that we were there at the same time! small world...) We have been blessed with friends here in Quebec and feel so thankful to have the means to share a meal together. What a blessing.
We look forward to the next few weeks, spending time with family (this may be the last time we get to see Roger's parents before heading off to Niger for 4 years!) and visiting friends. I was thinking about our time coming up, and concentrating so much so on it, that I forgot for a moment that it was actually Christmas! I know it has become more of a catchy phrase now than a real call to remember, but it is so important to remember "the reason for the season". I pray that each of us would have many chances in the next few weeks to ponder and revel on the fact that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to come to earth to live and then to die for our sins. Jesus Christ came to earth for us!! How amazing. How awesome. I pray that for our family as well, as we "get busy" over the holidays, we will be able to focus on the reason we live and do what we do. I also hope we can pass on to our kids the importance of Christmas and the real meaning of it. What a task as a parent!
May you all have a very merry Christmas, may you experience God's love during this time, and we hope to be in touch with you again in the New Year!


No comments:
Post a Comment