

Well, it has been a month and a half since my last post. I apologize for the delay. What have we been up to?! Roger graduated, I finished work May 21st and we flew to Houston May 22nd to help Roger's parents pack (they are moving to California) and to celebrate Dad's 70th birthday! We came back and 4 days later, Rog and I were at something called PFO in Calgary for 12 days. It stands for pre-field orientation and it was an AMAZING time for us to get trained, equipped and re-energized. The only tough part was being away from the kids for 12 days! BUT we are so thankful for all the support of family who helped watch the kids while we were gone (my youngest sister, Esther, came and stayed for a week from Toronto, Elly (sister) had to watch 5 kids - 3 of her own and 2 of mine - for one day, Suzzy another sister had them nights and the weekend and then Allen and Jess (cousins) watched them for 3 days!) So, we survived all of that and came back to LOTS of packing and more packing. We are again thankful for our neighbor who lives across the way and is letting us store our boxes for Niger in her basement. We are going to pack up the car for Quebec on Monday and Rog will be on the road June 29th (2 days after his big 40!) I will be flying out to Quebec City with the kids July 4th and Rog will be able to pick us up from the airport. It is still all a bit surreal but we continue to trust the Lord and hope to be able to stay close to Him. Please pray that Rog will drive safely out there and I will post again in Quebec!!
(For those who have been asking...I will have a post about how to support us financially...I just have to get it all straight myself first!)
I have added you to my subscriptions list, so now I will get all the updates! Courage! Can't wait to hear more about Quebec!
ReplyDeleteDear Mira, Rog, Jaelyn and Nathan,
ReplyDeleteWe are so thankful that God is preparing you and sending you! Praying for you and thankful that we can keep updated with this great blog site!! God Bless YOU! He WILL!
love pam
Thank you!! Now, if I can just figure out this blog thing :) Will try to keep it posted!!
ReplyDelete