Nous sommes arrivées! We have arrived and survived the first week here in Quebec City! It has been great. It's hot and humid, but it's been great fun to splash around in water and goof up on French with neighbors and cashiers...we are pretty
Nathan started at his new day home this week. We had to pay for 3 days a week to reserve a spot for him over the summer, and we thought it wouldn't hurt for him to try it...well...I think it does hurt but hopefully he will enjoy it by the time he is there full time in the Fall! It's hard because she is French speaking (only) as are the other children. And Jaelyn is not even there to help out (she is too old to be at this day home).
The heat looks like it's going to stick around this week so hopefully we'll continue to find some splash parks/wading pools to keep cool in.
Oh, I thought I would stick a picture of the cousins in here...this is a shot of my parents' 8 grandchildren in front of our parents' restaurant (Bul Go Gi House).
There is also a shot of our kitchen...the flags are courtesy of Linda at church and that is the extent of my interior decorating abilities (and desires!)
Oh, and one more thing. I had promised people that I would post how to support us....it is coming!!
Good to know you are settling in and i remember the first part of the time there when it was really hot and all the pools were still open. The public pools all closed early in August! Enjoy your time. Bennett and I prayed for your family this morning and he is looking forward to new playmates!
ReplyDeleteAnd good choice about a used 4x4 from Japan- you cant go wrong with strength like that! I am sure Paul and Roger will chat about it more. We ordered ours as well as the Marineaus from there.
Take care!
Chantelle in France