It has been over 2 months since my last
post. Honestly, I have been unsure of what to post. Do I share of our
“mundane” day-to-day living here amongst the poorest of the poor?
Hmm...I am pretty sure I have shared that already. Do I tell people
how we get to live like kings amongst paupers? That’s been done. Do
I share about how hard it is to communicate in Fulfulde? Pretty sure
everyone has heard me complain of that already too. Do I want to
share that our family was completely spoiled with a trip back to
Canada over the Christmas holidays? Hmm...don’t want people to
think badly of us...well...just don’t want them to judge us! But
why not share? Why not share with our family and friends that our
home church graciously bought us tickets to go home and spend
Christmas with our families for the first time in years? That we got
to take family photos (with BOTH sides of the family) and that my
sisters and our families were together in the same place for the
first time in five years? That I got to meet a new niece for the
first time?
I am not entirely sure what has caused
me to hesitate sharing these photos. Possibly the guilt of having
been home, maybe feeling bad that we did not get to connect with
everyone that we had wanted to connect with. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter why I hesitated. I am posting now.
We were SO very thankful to our home
church for bringing us home over the holidays. For letting us
borrow/have winter gear to survive the cold. For letting us spend
time with our families and not bombarding us with requests and
demands of our time (though we loved sharing with our church family
all that is happening here as well!)
So I leave you with pictures from 2
months ago. Sorry it took me so long to get over the guilt. Thank
you to family that flew in from far away and to family and friends that came from
close by; for spending time with us. Thank you to church family that
sacrificed to have us come “home” for Christmas. We were truly
blessed.
+(640x480).jpg) |
| J and N get to play outside in the snow with their cousins. First time in 2.5 years they got to see snow! |
.jpg) |
| Kids at our home church were very excited when I had a chance to share with them about life in Niger |
.jpg) |
| J got to hold her newest cousin |
.jpg) |
| Korean traditions on New Year's Day |
.jpg) |
| Tobogganing with Uncle Randy |
.jpg) |
| N had NO idea who these super heroes were before we got to Edmonton, but he was quickly updated (and brainwashed!) by his younger cousins |
.jpg) |
| so many fun games with cousins! |
.jpg) |
| My parents now have 10 grandchildren!! |
.jpg) |
| My sisters and I with my parents...wonder what it was like for my parents to raise FIVE GIRLS?!?! |
I'm so glad you got a chance to come back to Canada for Christmas! What a blessing to celebrate and reconnect with family.
ReplyDelete