Monday, December 9, 2013

end of second quarter!

And yes, another 2 months have flown by!!

An empty box we found...apparently, I am named after some soap! (Or the soap has been named after me?!)
New Village
Rog and I have been "scoping out" some ministry opportunities in a new village. Our Korean friends have started a school in this village and we got to go and see what they are up to and are praying about how God may have us work in this village.

Joy and I on market day with the Fulani ladies
Rog and Jacob make friends with the village witch doctor
Rog hanging out with one of the students at the school
You know this African school has Korean influences when there is Pororo in your toy corner!
Only in Africa!
I had to share some of these slightly crazy transport methods with you...
The man was on a motorcycle and was NOT holding onto these very LONG metal pipes that were balancing on his head!
How do you move a house? On a cart, of course! I don't believe there was a donkey in front of this cart.

We got to celebrate with some girls that graduated from a sewing school that is run by our teammates. Those that graduated and passed their exams got to take home their own sewing machine...how to get this sewing machine home?! On your head, of course!
Study
The difference between the education of our local friends (in public, government-run schools) and that of our children is astounding.

I had to post this picture because Nathan looks so grown-up! He was looking up his memory verses in Daddy's bible as he ate lunch. Nathan started reading when he was 5.

It has taken over a month, but I believe this girl finally knows her alphabet!! She is 9 years old and it has been a true test of my patience to work with her...I wonder how God feels when He tries to teach me something (over and over again!) and I just don't get it?!?! 
Fun Times
Bike riding in Niger...on the basketball court with a turtle or in the house (because there is too much sand outside and it is too hot!) 

Our kids had a great time at a circus that was put on by their school secondary students. 

such a clown!

First time on a camel...it was a bit scary! 

Who is that clown on the camel!?

Nathan throwing a wet sponge at the secondary principal!
Track and Field
They do this every year, but it never ceases to amaze me that these kids run around in the blazing sun (weather went up to 37C that day) and have fun doing it!

Love Nathan's determination in this picture


The cold has started here...temperature INSIDE our house was 23C this morning and Jaelyn had on a very thick fleece and could not move her fingers as they were very cold. Outside temperature was 18C...our local friends have on toques and parkas...yes, it is quite a different experience living here!
This picture was taken last month when it was still in the mid 20s at night

No comments:

Post a Comment