Well...it's 3 more sleeps and we are off on our long-awaited journey. I just calculated our travel time and it will be 27 hours including layovers but not including any delays...hope the kids (and the adults) get good sleeps the night before...though we have to get up at 3am so that is unlikely...
People ask us how we are feeling and it is hard to describe. I am definitely emotional...lots of joy in doing what we are doing and having God's calling on our lives...sad to be leaving family and friends for 4 years...excited to be on a new journey....scared to go into the unknown...anyway...
I wanted to write a quick note to say how thankful we are for each of the people out there who love us and who have shown us and continue to show us that they care. We could not be doing any of this without your prayers and financial support...so thank you! I am excited to say that we likely have enough for our outfit fund and am now collecting money for our vehicle fund and work special (see July 2010 blog:
support).
We are also thankful for the last couple of months spent in Edmonton visiting with many of you and getting to spend time with family.
 |
| alot of time was spent with the cousins...had a visit from cousins that live in Vancouver so all 9 of my parents' grandchildren were in the same city at the same time! |
 |
| got to spend Father's Day with my dad! |
 |
| got to take a trip to Canmore and visit with girlfriends that I have known for more than 23 years! |
 |
| was welcomed into so many of your homes...thank you!! |
 |
| Rog's parents and brother were able to come to see us off and say goodbye |
 |
| in another home...thank you all for your love and support! |
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now...
No comments:
Post a Comment