Friday, August 26, 2016

Day to day normal

Before I lose the "fresh eyes" of having just come back to Niger, I thought I would try to take pictures of the day to day "normal" things we see here and share them with those back home who may not see these things on a daily basis!

How else do you transport a long plastic pipe?!

We saw these passport applications in an office...they were eaten by termites! Hopefully the applications were already processed?!!?! We don't see this as normal, but termites are definitely common here.

Garbage....animals eating it and people sorting through it

Typical driving scene of bicycles, motorcycles, a highly stacked taxi van and cars.

Camel!

I've heard a rumor that they give lessons on how to stack one of these things most efficiently...notice all the people squished in there!!

Laundry day at the river....yes, that water is brown, yes, there are cows and people in it, but amazingly, the clothes end up looking clean! 

Wheelchair - first time I saw these I had no idea what they were, but they work quite well! People who cannot use their legs use their arms and pedal their way around

A child holding a child - this is very typical. Big sister (I guess 7 years old at most) is piggy backing baby brother.

This time it is "how many people can we squeeze onto this truck"....so typical...so dangerous!
And the adventures have started again! Hope I continue to have "fresh eyes" and can continue to share with you all glimpses of life here in West Africa!

1 comment:

  1. A great idea!!! Thanks Mira. Makes me feel almost there. Missing it all . . . except maybe the traffic. God bless you. Love, Tim

    ReplyDelete