I had no idea what to title this post and just happened to notice that it would be the 50th post I am putting up...seemed like as good a title as any other!
Here are a few things we have been up to:
Ministry:
I have been holding monthly eye clinics and I just couldn't resist the opportunity of posting a picture of these cute Tamasheq ladies with their new sunglasses!
.jpg) |
| The one on the left will hopefully receive much needed cataract surgery soon. |
.jpg) |
| Ai sporting the oh-so-uncomfortable-and-heavy trial lens frame |
.jpg) |
| Our experimental garden is coming along. After some setbacks and discouragements with vandalism of neighbors opening up our fence to allow their animals to feed on our plants, we are seeing small seedlings sprouting up. |
We have also been researching and making pumps out of PVC pipe and other locally available materials. We are hoping to help people here have affordable access to water, and to use their own abilities to attain it! The water would also be much cleaner than the well water they normally would drink.
.jpg) |
| Rog testing out a pump made out of PVC pipe...it worked!! Pumped water up to the roof of our house. |
Dealing with bad traffic:
For some reason, since Ramadan has started (holy month of fasting for Muslim friends), the traffic during the days has been horrendous. We were caught up in this one day...it was absolute chaos....
.jpg) |
| Believe it or not, this is a traffic circle...each single lane became 4-6 lanes and it was complete mayhem |
Kids having fun:
.jpg) |
| Went to visit some friends and Nathan got to play soccer...he was an absolute sweaty mess but he had so much fun! |
.jpg) |
| Dinner time! Yummy!! |
.jpg) |
| Another visit to the sand dunes...took a shovel this time.... |
.jpg) |
| ....so we could dig deep holes... |
Animals and vehicles:
Just some fun pictures to leave you with:
.jpg) |
| We received a rooster as a gift...his feet were tied together and people assured us we could take it home in the car without problems...he ended up pooping and peeing in the back seat once the lady that was holding him got out of the car...I really appreciate the gesture, but I can't imagine killing this thing and plucking its feathers... |
.jpg) |
| Yes, that is A BULL on top of that van!! |
.jpg) |
| A closer view of the bull...not surprisingly, the vehicle got pulled over by the police. |
 |
| This is not an animal but this bush taxi was piled up so high I couldn't help but take a picture. There are supposedly schools that train people on how to load up these things! I can see it is quite an art! |
We are always so thankful for your prayers and your support....THANK YOU!!
No comments:
Post a Comment